We have put together a quick check list of things to think about when you are starting a cold calling session:
- Do make sure that you regularly carry out a Telephone Preference Service check on your data;
- Do ensure you have a very clear market focus and create clear propositions to key people;
- Don’t try to be all things to all companies;
- Do carry out a thorough qualification of your target companies – to save a lot of selling time;
- Don’t remove companies that you have qualified out of your database – you may develop a product or service that you may be able to sell to them at a later stage;
- Don’t call too high, too soon – you will often only get one shot, so make it your best!
- Do check and double check information you have uncovered – don’t be mis-informed;
- Don’t be dismissive of Gatekeepers – sell to them instead;
- Do develop and continue to refine a library of sound bites that can be adapted into focused propositions for key individuals;
- Don’t start calling until you are prepared to deal with potential objections;
- Do make sure that you are always polite and courteous and ask if it is convenient to speak.
We trust that these tips will help you.
Happy cold calling!
To find out how we can help you with your telemarketing get in touch via the contact form or give us a ring on 0845 331 6069.